Monday, September 28, 2009

"You can't put a Fruit Pastille in your mouth without chewing it!"

I inappropriately created this blog during the last couple hours of my Yom Kippur fast, so it seems appropriate that my first post be about the food I broke my fast with.

Unable to wait for proper dinner, when 6:44 hit I grabbed the thing closest to me--a bag of Fruit Pastilles.

I picked these up in the airport on the way back from England last month. I like them because unlike most American gummy candies, these don't burn holes in my tongue after trying a few. It must have something to do with the use of all natural flavors, and perhaps a lesser quantity of sugar.

They come in five fruit flavors: Strawberry, orange, lemon, lime, and blackcurrant.
Basically they're like gumdrops, only better, and with the illusion of being healthy. (Natural flavors! 25% Fruit Juice!) Because of this I'm not sure that they would satisfy the average American sugar craving, but if you happen to be in the UK, I'd definitely recommend picking up a bag of these!

For more about these tasty delights, check out the Wikipedia page.

No comments:

Post a Comment